Aya Healthcare’s Education Services Division has an immediate school-based opening for the following position: Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) in Los Angeles, California.
We are currently seeking COTA's who have previous school-based experience providing services to students in grades kindergarten through 12th.
Passionate and talented internal team members, clinicians, and educators have made Aya Healthcare an industry leader since 2001. Starting the day you apply, we’ll help you navigate each step of the process. Whether you seek a position close to home or across the country, our hiring managers will become your staunch advocates, confidants, and friends.
Diversity, inclusion, and collaboration are all staples within our organization. You will experience our commitment to fostering an inclusive and supportive environment that is focused on you. Your success is our business. Whether you are looking for the perfect short- or long-term contract, permanent job, or even exploring providing tele-services, you will have the most creative, dedicated, and passionate team working with you to help make your career goals a reality.
You truly have the opportunity to become part of something great! We set the bar high for all-around excellence. Our school-based partnerships with some of the most well-respect educational institutions and leaders throughout the nation help drive your career and empower you to be the best in your field by creating win-win placements, one job at a time.
With Aya Healthcare, you get:
• Professional representation to hiring authorities at educational systems nationwide.
• Exclusive use of Aya’s unique licensure assistance program.
• A robust team to support you every step of the way to ensure you start on time, have flawless payroll, and an exceptional experience.
• A credentialing team to locate and pay for all labs and certifications.
• A program that includes reimbursements for association memberships, continuing education, professional development, and/or materials.
• And of course, you get the usual benefits such as:
o Premium medical, dental, vision and life insurance beginning day one of your assignment.
o Paid sick time.
o Generous 401k match.
We’ll take care of everything so you can focus on what you do best – providing exceptional care and support to children!
In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Promoting independence in activities of daily living (including dressing and feeding) through problem solving, suggesting adaptations and observation of the student.
• Observing, problem solving and suggesting positioning techniques to enhance educational participation and maximize function.
• Consulting and assisting classroom staff through gathering and sharing information at team meetings when requested.
• Utilizing task analysis to suggest techniques to the educational team with regard to feeding, activities of daily living, pre-writing, pre-cutting, and other skills needed for school performance.
• Implementing the individualized/small group therapeutic program prescribed by the occupational therapist based on goals and objectives.
• Collaborating with colleagues and parents in order to share information and expertise to plan and implement effective student programs.
• Assisting Occupational Therapists in determining extent to which goals and objectives are being met by collecting and maintaining data on individual student goals.
• Associate’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
• State License