Aya Healthcare’s Education Services Division is currenty accepting applications for the following position: Sign Language Interpreter in Riverside, California.
Passionate and talented internal team members, clinicians, and educators have made Aya Healthcare an industry leader since 2001. Starting the day you apply, we’ll help you navigate each step of the process. Whether you seek a position close to home or across the country, our hiring managers will become your staunch advocates, confidants, and friends.
Diversity, inclusion, and collaboration are all staples within our organization. You will experience our commitment to fostering an inclusive and supportive environment that is focused on you. Your success is our business. Whether you are looking for the perfect short- or long-term contract, permanent job, or even exploring providing tele-services, you will have the most creative, dedicated, and passionate team working with you to help make your career goals a reality.
You truly have the opportunity to become part of something great! We set the bar high for all-around excellence. Our school-based partnerships with some of the most well-respect educational institutions and leaders throughout the nation help drive your career and empower you to be the best in your field by creating win-win placements, one job at a time.
With Aya Healthcare, you get:
• Professional representation to hiring authorities at educational systems nationwide.
• Exclusive use of Aya’s unique licensure assistance program.
• A robust team to support you every step of the way to ensure you start on time, have flawless payroll, and an exceptional experience.
• A credentialing team to locate and pay for all labs and certifications.
• A program that includes reimbursements for association memberships, continuing education, professional development, and/or materials.
• And of course, you get the usual benefits such as:
o Premium medical, dental, vision and life insurance beginning day one of your assignment.
o Paid sick time.
o Generous 401k match.
We’ll take care of everything so you can focus on what you do best – providing exceptional care and support to children!
Your primary function is to facilitate communication among deaf or hard of hearing students and their hearing peers, the classroom teacher, and other personnel in the school system.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Providing interpreter services for deaf/hard of hearing students.
• Providing voice interpreting as needed.
• When scheduling permits, providing interpreting for tutoring done by regular classroom teachers.
• Providing interpreting for school functions outside the classroom, during regularly scheduled school hours.
• Serving as a liaison to promote good public relations between the deaf/hard of hearing students, hearing peers, staff, faculty members, and parents.
• Participating as a part of the instructional team to provide continuity of instruction for students as identified in their individual education plan or as assigned by the teacher of the deaf/hard of hearing.
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Deaf related field
• RID National Certification
• EIPA or QA Scores