Aya Healthcare’s Education Services Division is currenty accepting applications for the following position: School Nurse (RN) in Berkeley, CA.
Participates with team members for the student's Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) and 504 plans, by completing health assessments for initial, annual and triennial evaluations.
• Conducts medical case findings, screenings, referral activities, and follow up related to health defects of selected pupils. Identifies health findings which do not fall within the normal range and refer to appropriate resource.
• Interprets the defined health problem, application of school Health law's, current trends, and general health information to the school staff and parents.
• Participates in policy development related to Health Services
• Develops Individual Health Care Plans for students with chronic illnesses or special health care needs.
• Provides health counseling services to pupils and their families with health related problems, providing resources as needed. Correspond with parents on health needs of their child.
• Con ducts, as needed, a program directed toward control of communicable diseases in the school and community.
• Conducts health and developmental assessments for students undergoing initial or triennial evaluation pursuant to special education.
Passionate and talented internal team members, clinicians, and educators have made Aya Healthcare an industry leader since 2001. Starting the day you apply, we’ll help you navigate each step of the process. Whether you seek a position close to home or across the country, our hiring managers will become your staunch advocates, confidants, and friends.
Diversity, inclusion, and collaboration are all staples within our organization. You will experience our commitment to fostering an inclusive and supportive environment that is focused on you. Your success is our business. Whether you are looking for the perfect short- or long-term contract, permanent job, or even exploring providing tele-services, you will have the most creative, dedicated, and passionate team working with you to help make your career goals a reality.
You truly have the opportunity to become part of something great! We set the bar high for all-around excellence. Our school-based partnerships with some of the most well-respect educational institutions and leaders throughout the nation help drive your career and empower you to be the best in your field by creating win-win placements, one job at a time.
With Aya Healthcare, you get:
• Professional representation to hiring authorities at educational systems nationwide.
• Exclusive use of Aya’s unique licensure assistance program.
• A robust team to support you every step of the way to ensure you start on time, have flawless payroll, and an exceptional experience.
• A credentialing team to locate and pay for all labs and certifications.
• A program that includes reimbursements for association memberships, continuing education, professional development, and/or materials.
• And of course, you get the usual benefits such as:
o Premium medical, dental, vision and life insurance beginning day one of your assignment.
o Paid sick time.
o Generous 401k match.
We’ll take care of everything so you can focus on what you do best – providing exceptional care and support to children!
School Nurse’s serve as the primary advocate for the health and well-being of students and staff within the school. Responsibilities include:
• Bachelor’s Degree or above in Nursing or Certified School Nursing
• State RN License