Aya Healthcare’s Education Services Division has an immediate school-based opening for the following position: School Social Worker in Joliet, IL.
We are looking for a part-time social worker. The School Social Worker will work 3 days (19.5 hrs) a week and will work with all 3 to 5 year old students via small and large group social emotional support and development. They will plan for and conduct small/large group social emotional group instruction using 2nd Step. They will place a focus on empathy, emotions management, friendships and problem solving. This person will provide consultation to classroom staff on dealing with behaviors and providing appropriate social emotional support. They will provide support as appropriate to the families of students in addressing concerns with behavior and they will also serve on the Safe and Civil committee supporting and implementing schoolwide expectations via CHAMPS, Tucker the Turtle. This person will support the overall culture, climate, and emotional well-being of staff and students. They will also serve as a liaison between Restoring the Spirit and school personnel.
Passionate and talented internal team members, clinicians, and educators have made Aya Healthcare an industry leader since 2001. Starting the day you apply, we’ll help you navigate each step of the process. Whether you seek a position close to home or across the country, our hiring managers will become your staunch advocates, confidants, and friends.
Diversity, inclusion, and collaboration are all staples within our organization. You will experience our commitment to fostering an inclusive and supportive environment that is focused on you. Your success is our business. Whether you are looking for the perfect short- or long-term contract, permanent job, or even exploring providing tele-services, you will have the most creative, dedicated, and passionate team working with you to help make your career goals a reality.
You truly have the opportunity to become part of something great! We set the bar high for all-around excellence. Our school-based partnerships with some of the most well-respect educational institutions and leaders throughout the nation help drive your career and empower you to be the best in your field by creating win-win placements, one job at a time.
With Aya Healthcare, you get:
• Professional representation to hiring authorities at educational systems nationwide.
• Exclusive use of Aya’s unique licensure assistance program.
• A robust team to support you every step of the way to ensure you start on time, have flawless payroll, and an exceptional experience.
• A credentialing team to locate and pay for all labs and certifications.
• A program that includes reimbursements for association memberships, continuing education, professional development, and/or materials.
• And of course, you get the usual benefits such as:
o Premium medical, dental, vision and life insurance beginning day one of your assignment.
o Paid sick time.
o Generous 401k match.
We’ll take care of everything so you can focus on what you do best – providing exceptional care and support to children!
In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Performing casework services with students and families to help resolve student’s behavioral and social problems.
• Selecting and administering age appropriate assessment methods and materials in order to determine the needs of the student.
• Submitting comprehensive socio-cultural assessment reports that address the reason for referral and include appropriate recommendations.
• Serving as a member of the interdisciplinary assessment team assigned to each school and working as a team member in making placement decisions, developing intervention plans, and planning programs to meet the special needs of children.
• Conferencing with and providing information, support, and counseling to parents/guardians of students.
• Master’s Degree in Social Work
• School Social Work Certification/PEL