Aya Healthcare’s Education Services Division has an immediate school-based opening for the following position: School Psychologist in Shillington, Pennsylvania.
1. Provide individual psychological examinations, interpret those findings and generate recommendations that will lead to meaningful experiences for the child
2. Demonstrate readiness and/or prior training in Response to Intervention (RtI) and Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
3. Participate as a team member in multidisciplinary educational staffings for determination of educational objectives and need for special education placement and/or supportive services
4. Provide direct service as appropriate to the needs of the students, individually or as a group
5. Participate in parent education and the development of parent understanding
6. Consult with teachers and other school personnel in relation to behavior management and learning problems
7. Provide crisis intervention services including violence risk assessments and life threat assessments
8. Demonstrate effective oral and written communication techniques
9. Work cooperatively with personnel of school, community, health, and social welfare agencies as a member of a team
10. Demonstrate professional growth and development through continued inservice training, observation, and study, particularly with respect to ethical consideration and legal aspects related to school psychology
11. Other such duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor and/or Director of Student Support Services
Passionate and talented internal team members, clinicians, and educators have made Aya Healthcare an industry leader since 2001. Starting the day you apply, we’ll help you navigate each step of the process. Whether you seek a position close to home or across the country, our hiring managers will become your staunch advocates, confidants, and friends.
Diversity, inclusion, and collaboration are all staples within our organization. You will experience our commitment to fostering an inclusive and supportive environment that is focused on you. Your success is our business. Whether you are looking for the perfect short- or long-term contract, permanent job, or even exploring providing tele-services, you will have the most creative, dedicated, and passionate team working with you to help make your career goals a reality.
You truly have the opportunity to become part of something great! We set the bar high for all-around excellence. Our school-based partnerships with some of the most well-respect educational institutions and leaders throughout the nation help drive your career and empower you to be the best in your field by creating win-win placements, one job at a time.
With Aya Healthcare, you get:
• Professional representation to hiring authorities at educational systems nationwide.
• Exclusive use of Aya’s unique licensure assistance program.
• A robust team to support you every step of the way to ensure you start on time, have flawless payroll, and an exceptional experience.
• A credentialing team to locate and pay for all labs and certifications.
• A program that includes reimbursements for association memberships, continuing education, professional development, and/or materials.
• And of course, you get the usual benefits such as:
o Premium medical, dental, vision and life insurance beginning day one of your assignment.
o Paid sick time.
o Generous 401k match.
We’ll take care of everything so you can focus on what you do best – providing exceptional care and support to children!
In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Conducting psychological assessments and interpreting results for students and participating in IEP conferences, team meetings, and problem-solving meetings.
• Providing individual, group, and family therapy per IEP requirements.
• Monitoring the completion of case study evaluations and participating in IEP conferences and problem solving meetings.
• Leading crisis intervention efforts and providing insight into the development of functional assessments and behavior intervention plans.
• Proficiently use technology to communicate, compile reports, and collect data.
• Master’s degree in School or Educational Psychology
• State license